Friday 5 June 2015

Artist style copy- Rafei

I did a painting of DotA's Faceless Void in the style of Bob Rafei, taking inspiration from the images below.



I tried to paint Faceless Void in the style of Rafei, with a dark outline and limited shading. I realised that the painting above was not exactly evocative of his style. I suppose the eyes are a stylistic thing of Rafei's, they are very expressive and his work usually features big eyes.



Above, I changed the proportions so that Faceless Void is 5 heads tall, more in proportion with Rafei's artwork. I hope this makes him look more like his work. To improve it I would try to gradient the shading, as can be seen in Rafei's art, and perhaps change the proportions more so that the stomach and hip area were a lot thinner.


No comments:

Post a Comment