Saturday 23 May 2015

Inspirations from bwen1030.blod.163.com

I found this person's artwork on pinterest https://www.pinterest.com/source/bwen1030.blog.163.com/ and really like the art style as well as how they blend human elements with animal elements, it works very well.

I like that the horns are layered in a sense, that the material their made from is not smooth. I also like how they come from under the skin, rather than just sit on top, it makes it look more natural and believable. the detail on the armour is nice as well, especially around the stomach area, its reminds me of perhaps the plates of an armadillo, which is interesting.



For these two, I like that they are human animal hybrids, that is something I could explore. As seen in Thundercats (below) for example, they are an alien race from the fictional planet, Thundera. However only their hair and facial features really communicate that they are humanoid cats.



I like the look of this as it's very simple in colours, using mostly blues, greys and yellows, but it is still very intricate in detail. I particularly like the top bit, which reminds me of a saint's halo. But the colours and facial features make this subject look evil. The reds and yellows, connote hell, the facial features and deep lines communiate something demonic perhaps. The lack of smooth skin, and typical aesthetic appeal also contributes to this feel of evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment