Saturday 25 July 2015

Antagonist Sheets

Below are the antagonist's line art model sheet, painted model sheet, visual interest design sheet and posed character sheet.

I had some difficulty with this character, drawing him from the different angles but trying to keep the lines correct to the best of my ability. This was very time-consuming as I made a fair few mistakes before settling on the final drawings. Also I deliberated as to whether his torso should close or not, but I realised that perhaps they would not fit properly on his chest the way I had drawn them, as they were too big, so I decided, due to time constraints as well, to keep him open.  The solid back was to make him seem more solid, if he was open both front and back, there would not be much substance to him, in my opinion. Even though it may look a little strange, it works for now. If I had more time I could experiment with more fragments or other ideas to make it flow better.



When I was designing these poses I had something like Cyclops from X-Men or Iron Man's chest piece in mind. I also was thinking about, what I am sure is another character, either from a game or comic book, who shoots from his chest, but I cannot think who.

So here the antagonist is throwing a flame spear, and producing a solar beam from his chest. I didn't want to recycle the fireball that I had before as I thought it was perhaps a bit boring and not dynamic enough for the pose sheet, so I chose the flaming spear, as it was more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment